“Maple Ridge has always drawn people who want to put down roots. My goal is to preserve that.”
“I want to make Maple Ridge an uncomfortable place for those who are here to disrupt our feeling of safety at home.”
Everyone has a right to feel safe. Sadly, many seniors and families no longer feel comfortable walking our streets or enjoying our public spaces. Families are avoiding our parks, fearful that children will come upon discarded needles, or worse. Businesses, especially those in the downtown core, have been harassed, threatened and robbed with little or no consequences for the perpetrators.
• empowering police and officials to enforce our laws and bylaws equally for all.
• encouraging a “no call is too small” policy for our police.
• making Maple Ridge an uncomfortable place for those who are here to disrupt our feeling of safety at home.
“All signs point to continued rapid expansion of our population. We need to ensure our roads, transit and commuter routes are ready.”
Maple Ridge is on the precipice of great things to come. All signs point to a continued expansion of our population and we need to be ready. People will be living, working, and visiting Maple Ridge at rates never before experienced and we need to ensure our roads, transit and commuter routes are ready.
• continuation of the Abernathy Way expansion to take the pressure off Dewdney Trunk Road and allow alternative access to east Maple Ridge.
• lobbying senior government to expand existing infrastructure and services and getting Maple Ridge on the map for future rapid transit.
• ensuring that senior government undertaking the Haney Bypass upgrade be made to deliver a project that works for Maple Ridge.
“I will support providing incentives for delinquent land owners to redevelop empty lots and rundown buildings in the core.”
I believe downtown Maple Ridge has the potential to be a more vibrant, attractive and lively neighbourhood --- the true heart of our community.
• making our core an attractive place for businesses, small and large
• encouraging smart development in the town core.
• providing incentives for delinquent landowners to redevelop empty lots and rundown buildings in the core.
• opening up the Albion Flats for responsible commercial development to serve the Albion area while creating a neighbourhood shopping hub.
• encouraging developers to provide opportunities for first time and young home buyers to enter the housing market as these will be our future leaders.
“Going forward, we must be prepared for an influx of new residents and plan accordingly.”
- About Me
I am a 25-year resident of Maple Ridge, a 36-year-old husband and father of two . I am deeply committed to serving the people in the community my family calls home.
“My parents moved here when I was eleven. I graduated from Maple Ridge Secondary and was involved in all the sports and activities that make Maple Ridge such a great place to raise kids.”
My occupation as a firefighter and Deputy Director of Maple Ridge Emergency Support Services has given me insight into the opioid problem that is pervasive in our city.
• 15 year firefighter/first responder.
• 5 year volunteer - Deputy Director of Maple Ridge Emergency Support Service
• shopping options to ensure local spending.
• thoughtful densification of the downtown.
• ensuring a safe and vibrant place for all to enjoy.
• community planning that incorporates current and future supporting infrastructure.